Ignition Light Problem
  • Thanks john, i thought that might be one possible source of the problem. And i am aware of the company who make the regulators you mention. And yes it does stsrt, and run very well.
  • So here is an update. Dynastart - brushes changed, half worn but were probably ok. Regulator - changed. Guess what - the igntion light is still on. No amount of reving makes any difference. What next ?? There can,t be much else to change. Anybody got any more ideas please?
  • Thanks to Sir John of Darn Sarf for identifying that it was my Dynastart that was faulty. Replaced with a spare and now the little red light responds very nicely to engine speed. At tickover, which is a little low, it just glows dimly and soon disappears when the revs increase. So for those of you absent members, you really should try to get to a club meeting. The help and advice from the Club Wizards is free and willingly given, it might just be what you need to get your beast back on its legs.

Welcome to our Forum for Members

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!