Recovery Using Vehicles Towball
  • If you take a look on ' LINKS to Other Related Web Sites ' and click on www.thehaflinger.com and then select the section Haflinger there is a section called The ' Off Road ' picture thread, on pages 3 & 4 there is a a thread about using the vehicles Tow Ball for recovery purposes, it makes very interesting reading and I would advise Forum Members to take a look, in a nut shell DO NOT use your vehicles standard Tow Ball for attaching a Tow Rope, either for being recovered or to recover another vehicle, Regards Pete
  • I think most of the real issue is aimed at using a "snatch" recovery rope which is elastic and it suddenly increases the stresses significantly. A "normal" non-stretch tow rope where the stresses increase slowly should not pose the same problems to the same magnitude. 

It also has matters hugely how "stuck" the vehicle being recovered is.

I agree that in certain circumstances you are "loading a gun" if you use the tow ball as a convenient place to attach your recovery system to.

John 

Welcome to our Forum for Members

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!